Welcome to BCTracker!
West Kootenay Transit Schedules and Bus Tracking
Summer UpdateAugust 15, 2023
It's been a while since we posted anything here! These days most updates and announcements are being done over on our Discord server, but now seems like a good time for a brief mention of some of the changes we've made since the last update post.
We've focused a lot on polishing up the website and making it easier to use, especially on mobile phones. This includes stuff like:
- Improving website layout on small screens
- Adding more route colour boxes and lines
- Introducing the Quick Navigation section to the homepage
We've also been adding many new and improved features, such as:
- Upcoming departures on stop pages
- Warning indicators for incorrect bus logins
- Total distance travelled for blocks and trips
And finally, we've been fixing a bunch of bugs and making some big changes behind the scenes that will let us keep adding fun and helpful new features. Stay tuned for more coming soon, and have a great rest of the summer!
Winter UpdateDecember 8, 2022
Starting today, we're introducing a new way to see what days of the week routes, stops, blocks, and trips have normal service, and what dates have modified or no service. Along with providing a handy overview, the new design works as links to go directly to the detailed schedule view. This is a big step forward in our quest to make BC Transit's schedules easy to understand - despite their apparent efforts to make it as complex as possible!
A few other small updates have also made their way onto the website, including:
- Total number of routes/stops/blocks is shown per system when looking at all systems
- Toggle for NIS buses on the main map
- A new high contrast accessibility theme for people who are visually impaired
As always, feedback on the latest changes is welcome and appreciated. Enjoy the holidays and stay safe out there!